Sunday, December 11, 2011

On the Cusp!

Evija is already traveling to America by now. It's absolutely crazy to think that she's in the air and headed our way. We are just now getting around to cleaning up and getting ready for her arrival ~ less than 24 hours away! Having done that trip many times in our lives, Travis and I are full of empathy for the jet lag that will ensue. Nonetheless, we look forward to meeting her and finally getting to the point where our lives and her life intersect. On the Cusp indeed!

With Travis being sooooo sick last week and me still recovering from the car accident, we are both moving slowly! Even though we've had AMAZING help from some WONDERFUL friends and family, things are not as perfect around here as I would like it to be for Evija's first impression of the Lontz clan and our life. But perhaps this is a good thing. She'll know right away that we're not perfect! There will be no elevated first impression. I don't always make my bed, have the house in order, or have everything organized or neat. But I do love my family fiercely. That I can do, and do well. She'll be a part of my family for a month, so hopefully she'll experience fierce love and bask in it. And I hope she'll enjoy our extended family, both the blood related side and the chosen friends-that-are-family side that are oh so important to us!

So pray for our transition, safety in travels, clear communications despite language barriers, and for SLEEP! We should be able to post photos in a few days. Thanks for joining in this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment