Thursday, December 22, 2011

On a Brighter Note (Merry Christmas part 2 of 2)


Even though my last post was a vent, I am a very blessed person. I really hope everyone who read part one will also read part 2! This is by no means an exhaustive list, but rather a small portion of the goodness I'm pondering tonight. Please read on and enjoy!

I'm glad to be alive, have a wonderful husband and 2 blow-my-mind awesome kids. Just to have a family unit that's in tact, healthy, and enjoyable to be around is a rarity in this culture in this time. And I have all 3 qualities!! Amazing! I love that the 4 of us are on the same page and we're at a place where we can serve and play together. When we do stuff like host another child, we do it as a family. Even though the kids (specifically my oldest) is branching out, outside the family these days, our options for doing stuff together increases with meaningfulness as well. And it's good for us to gather others into our fold. Most days there are 2-5 extra kids hanging out with us. Broadening our sphere of influence for sure.

I have 2 jobs that I absolutely love. I look forward to going to work most days. How many people can say that? Even this week when my school job is on Christmas break, I worked 2 days at the PT aide job and left feeling fulfilled and happy that I could connect and help people by doing what comes naturally to me. I mean, when it comes to the PT aide job, they literally pay me for being myself. That's crazy! I walk in there smiling, and walk away smiling. Most of my clients walk in with ails and walk out feeling better and smiling as they have been blessed. A good set up? I tend to think so!

Living in Middle Class America, it's easy to forget what blessings we have daily. I live in a relatively clean, warm, dry, comfortable house. After working 2 years in AL w/ Alabama Rural Ministry who helps those with inadequate housing, my perspective is very different on that. And the conveniences we have! Are you acutely aware of how easy our housework is?! We have dishwashers available if we want them! And having a washer/dryer combo is quite normal. I can literally have my clothes and dishes being washed and dried FOR ME while I type this. These conveniences are MAJOR helps to those who wish to have clean dishes and clothes. We don't understand properly how nice those things are until you're washing EVERYthing by hand. So I love laundry and dishes. It's really just a few minutes of prep and the push of a few buttons.

I'm thankful for friends in my life! Both for the ones that are exiting my life, the ones that are just now entering my life, and those who are still in my life, whether here or away. I have been tremendously blessing in that category and to all of you, I say send heartfelt thanks and Love! No matter where I've gone, God has certainly brought an interesting and diverse collection of people in my life to love and cherish, sharpen and be sharpened. LOVE! And thank you to all, both friends and strangers alike, who poured out love and understanding with my last post. With me, you have to take the good, bad, and ugly all in one package. I'm super blessed by those who accept me (flawed as I am) and love me anyway.
THANK YOU!

I'm thankful for heaven. This world is not the end-all, be-all for us. So even though ails like what were outlined in my previous post happen, it's not the end of the story for me, or thankfully, my husband and kids! And this is made possible by the Reason for the Season! I'm thankful for Jesus, his birth, resurrection and life! I look forward to celebrating that with loved ones this weekend!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment