Sunday, June 26, 2011

100 miles!

I'm finished with the Cycle of Service event and I biked 100.6 miles this weekend!!! It was fun and challenging, especially in the 96-97F degree heat! I do wish that I had not been sick for 2 of the 3 days, but that didn't take away the feeling of accomplishment as I reached my 100 mile goal. :) Today was family ride day, so my two kids joined me for about 12 of the 25 miles I rode. It felt good to see them working hard right beside me. For Nathan, 12 miles was a personal best. I'm proud of both of them!

So here's a big shout out to the ARM staff and volunteers who made this event happen. At our team meeting today, it was announced that we are up to about $11,000 so far in the fund raising. Please don't hesitate to go ahead and send something in. I asked my supporters to donate by July 1st. I'm looking forward to hearing a final number next week or so. The kids and I (and maybe Travis if he has time) hope to join in on one of the builds this summer. We'll see what's available that's kid friendly.

Did I mention that biking across a state for 3 days is a great way to get to know the state you live in?? I feel like I got yet another new perspective on Alabama living each day. ~a fun perk to this event!

I'm going to rest now. Preferably lying down and curling up to a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment