Friday, June 17, 2011

making a list, checking it twice

I can't believe next Friday is the date! I was very discouraged with riding last week. It felt like I had to work extra hard all the time and I was whooped after only 12 miles or so. That is mentally taxing too, wondering, "What's wrong with me??" So Travis went out to check my bike and found that my back brake was out of alignment and had been dragging. OH!! That's why everything was difficult! Going up hills with the brakes partially on is no fun! I guess I've been doing some heavy resistance training and I didn't even know it. My legs are sure stronger for it!

I went out yesterday and rode with all the new adjustments and found JOY in riding once again. I love the wind on my skin and the scenery and such. The cooler temps and better riding position helped too. If only that would hold for next week.

So next week is a big week for me, but an even bigger one for Travis. Travis got his thesis back from the reader, made necessary formatting adjustments and will hand it in TODAY to his committee for "pre-review." The head of his committee is in Italy at the moment. So if all goes well and all professors are in town, my honey will do his oral defense next Thursday, June 23rd. If not, then he'll bump it to the next week so we can serve with ARM all weekend. No matter which way it goes, he'll be ready to present by TH morning. I'm so proud of him and all that has been accomplished over the past 2 years. It's been difficult at times for all 4 of us, but definitely worth it! I hope to report many achievements by my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment